Import Demo Content
- Install and activate your theme
- Install and setup any required plugins mentioned in your theme's setup tutorials.
Then - Import Demo Content
The demo content for each theme is contained in the theme's zip file. You can download your theme at anytime in your account area (if you purchased the theme from us directly). If you purchased from StudioPress, log into your StudioPress account.
Once you unzip your theme, you'll see a folder titled "XML". Open that folder and look for the file titled sample.xml, or genesis.xml.
How to Use the XML File to Import the Demo Site’s Content
- Go to Tools > Import in the blog’s admin panels.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload this file using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the posts, comments, and categories into your blog.
After you’ve imported the XML file, continue to follow your theme setup instructions to set the theme up like the demo.